What is a survival bracelet?
Great question! Survival bracelets are, by definition, bracelets you wear that can be used for survival purposes!
Not only do they look cool, but you can simply undo the paracord knots that your bracelet is composed of, and you will be left with one or two pieces of paracord (depending on if your bracelet is multi-colored). When ordering, check the description of each bracelet for more information about how many feet of paracord is included in each inch of bracelet.
Are you wondering what paracord could actually be used for? Check out our 45 Uses of Paracord, just to get a few ideas!
Here are a few more facts about our paracord:
Made from Military-Grade, Type III 550 Paracord:
- Rated at 550 pounds of breaking strength! Includes outer sheath with 7 inner (3-ply) strands!
- Meets MIL-C-5040H, Type III military specs and is domestically produced using raw materials.
- Made from waterproof nylon. Hand-washable using soap and water. Will not fade, rot, or mildew.
- Made in the USA – Support USA Jobs!
Paracord – What is It?
- Originally Used for Parachutes
- First Used in WWII and Still Used by Military
- Used by Astronauts to Repair Hubble Telescope
Ready for Survival:
- In survival situations, cord, such as rope or string, is needed for almost all improvisation of equipment.
- Use it to secure cargo, pitch tents, lash poles or posts together, scale walls, splint bones, tie shoes, assist with rescues, and more.
- Inner strands can be used as floss, fishing line, sewing thread, etc.
How do I measure my wrist size?
When sizing your bracelet, please measure your exact wrist size, NOT your bracelet size. We determine your bracelet size for you.
To measure your wrist size, use a cloth tape measure or string. Wrap it tautly around your wrist, but not too tight.
Hold the tape or string at the point where they cross, and lay this over top of a ruler. Measure the size to the nearest half inch.
For our BASIC, PREMIUM BASIC, MID-WIDTH, and PREMIUM WIDE & THIN bracelets, we add 0.5″ inch to your wrist size.
For our WIDE & THICK bracelets, we add 1″ inch to your wrist size.
Will you really replace my bracelet?
Yes, if you use your bracelet for a survival situation, we will replace it for free. Just send us your story! We are sometimes required to charge you the shipping fee for your replacement.
How do I return or exchange an item?
Please see our Returns & Exchanges page.
Where is my order? How fast is your shipping?
What are your policies about my private information?
How is military-grade paracord different from commercial paracord?
CLICK HERE to read the actual United States military specifications for “MIL-C-5040H – Cord, Fibrous, Nylon.” See page 4, Type III.
Basically, this means our 550 Paracord is Type III, it is guaranteed to support up to 550 pounds, the core has 7 inner strands, and each inner strand has 3-ply construction. In other words, each of the 7 inner strands is made of 3 strands.
See the photo on the left for a photo example. Unlike other, cheaper survival bracelets, this is the good stuff!
We buy directly from a United States manufacturer, who develops their products from raw materials.
Our supplier is a government defense contractor who creates paracord and parachutes for the United States military.